Are you having trouble falling asleep? There is a little trick which can help – using a silk eye mask.
Silk is undoubtedly the most luxurious fabric and feels soft and comfortable against the skin. Silk eye masks have a lot of benefits other than just bringing good sleep. Silk is naturally hydrating and hypoallergenic, and it is resistant to allergens such as moulds, bacteria, and dust mites. Silk is also thermoregulating and maintains an optimum temperature while you are asleep. Other fabrics such as cotton can dry out the delicate skin around the eyes, whereas satin, a petroleum-based product, does not possess the qualities of silk and is harsh on sensitive skin.
Silk eye masks help you fall asleep quickly, and it blocks the rays of light reaching your eyes, signalling your brain to go to sleep. What’s more, it hydrates the skin around your skin and aids in relaxation.
How to Select the Right Silk Sleep Mask?
With so many silk eye masks available, it can be overwhelming to select the right one. Here are some tips that can help you to choose the right kind.
- Buy silk masks of the highest grade – Mulberry Silk has the finest fibres and is of the highest quality silk with maximum softness. 6A grade is the highest quality of Mulberry Silk. Some manufacturers might try to trick you into buying eye masks made of satin while claiming that they are silk masks. Be sure to check whether the label says pure silk before buying.
- Buy masks having the correct weight – Silk is measured in momme (the weight of silk). If a sleep mask says Mulberry silk but does not indicate the momme of silk, it usually means that it is of inferior quality or low momme. Look for sleep masks between 16-22 momme. 22 momme Mulberry silk, which is a superior grade, is ideal.
- Size matters– Silk eye masks help you fall asleep quickly, blocks out any ray of light reaching your eyes, hydrates the skin around your skin and aid you in relaxing while you are sleeping. Look for eye masks that are large for full coverage.
- Look for a contoured shape mask – Weirdly shaped masks are available in the market, but people have different face shapes and sizes. You should look for a sleep mask that comfortably fits your face, especially the nose area.
- Buy a mask with a comfortable strap – You should look for a sleep mask with a comfortable strap that does not sit tightly against your face, and the strap should hold the mask securely in place without pulling your hair. We find tie knot straps are the best.
Best Quality Silk Eye Masks
Having done our research, we have found that Mayfairsilk is one of the reliable brands that manufacture premium quality silk eye masks. They use the highest grade of silk which is 6A grade in 22 momme Mulberry silk, giving these masks the desired softness and weight. The silk eye masks are significant around the eyes, which help entirely block off the light and come with an adjustable velvet strap which you can tie at the back of your head. The sleep masks keep the skin around your eyes hydrated and keep allergens at bay, ensuring a good night’s sleep. The fabric is OEKO-Tex Standard 100 Certified, which guarantees that no harmful substance was used during the production process. The silk fabric is sustainable and biodegradable. Silk eye masks in an array of solid colours are available, as welel as some beautiful jungle, flamingo, leopard spots, garden and coral fans patterns.
For more information, you can visit https://mayfairsilk.com/